BRADFIELD PTA REIMBURSEMENT, PAYMENT
AND DEPOSIT PROCEDURES
1. Please do not pay any sales tax. Bradfield PTA will not reimburse you for sales tax. Bradfield PTA is a tax-exempt, non-profit organization. Please give the “Texas Tax Exemption Certification” form to the supplier or retailer when you are purchasing something for Bradfield. A copy of this form is located in the PTA Treasurer’s mailbox in the office and is also attached to this document.
2. Please complete a “Check Request/Reimbursement Form” form within one week of an expense and attach your sales receipt, invoice, bill or statement. After 30 days the expense will no longer be able to be reimbursed and will be considered a donation. You should keep a copy for yourself in the event that the form gets misplaced or put in incorrect box. A copy of this form is also located in the PTA Treasurer’s mailbox in the office and is attached to this document.
3. Place receipts and completed check request forms in the PTA Treasurer’s box or drop off at the PTA Treasurer’s house.
4. Reimbursement checks can be picked up in the Bradfield office (they will be in an envelope with the payee’s name on it) approximately one week after the request is submitted.
5. If you need petty cash for an event (e.g., carnival cash boxes), please contact the PTA Treasurer by email at least one week in advance to make arrangements.
Deposit and Money Handling Procedures
1. Please submit all cash or checks for deposit to the Treasurer-Elect by completing an Itemized Deposit form (also located in the PTA Treasurer’s mailbox), placing the completed form and funds in an envelope, and turning it in to the PTA Treasurer’s mailbox within 24 hours of receipt. Clearly mark the outside of the envelope and be sure to count the money and checks for your records. If you are leaving a large deposit at Bradfield, please alert the office staff so that checks and cash may be put in a secure location.
2. Please include a brief description on the envelope of what the deposits are for (e.g. carnival underwriting or ticket sales), total dollar amount, date and your name.
3. Please send an email to notify the Treasurer-Elect that money has been placed in the office or mailbox, because the Treasurers don’t check the box every day.
Reports and Budgeting
1. Treasurers will give VP’s updated Profit and Loss statements at the monthly board meetings so that they can share the information with their group, to keep everyone on track with budgets.
PTA Treasurer: Susie Isaac: firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA Treasurer-Elect: Allison Lockard: email@example.com