Room Parent Responsibilities
Thank you so much for being the liaison between the teachers and parents at Bradfield!
As a Room Parent, you will:
- Communicate with your class through your ADMIN tab in VSP about class and school needs;
- Shop for and present class gifts to your teacher for their birthday; December Holiday, and the end of the year. These gifts are purchased with the funds donated by parents in your class. You’ll be notified by the PTA Treasurer of the dollar amount collected by your class through Online Registration and Late Registration. Feel free to ask those that have not contributed online if they would like to contribute to the class fund, but remember that the fund is optional. Checks need to be made to the Bradfield PTA, with the teacher’s name and “class fund” written in the memo line to be applied to your class fund;
- Meet with your teacher and coordinate the sign-up sheets needed for Bradfield Meet the Teacher Night in the Fall, and Bradfield Open House in the Spring. Templates of sign-up sheets used in the past will be provided to you so that you may modify them to meet your class needs;
- Host a class coffee within the first three weeks of school so parents may meet one another;
- Collect all current e-mails and contact information from your class parents, put in roster format, and distribute to the class, with parental permission (the school cannot provide you with parent contact information)
- Coordinate the class end-of-year party
Please remember these important things in all class communication:
- Only forward e-mails to your class that come from the Room Parent Coordinators or as requested by teachers. Emails can be cut and pasted into your VSP emailer.
- Forward e-mails in a timely manner;
- Remove any instructions to the Room Parent from e-mails before forwarding to your class;
- Email replies will come back to your personal email address that is listed in VSP
- You have the ability to email the entire class or individuals once in VSP
We look forward to working with you this year!
Bradfield Room Parent Chair: Rachel Steinke