All students who ride an electric bike on or near campus will be expected to follow the following the City of University Park's new Electric Bike Regulations:
1. E-bike operators and riders under the age of 16 must wear a helmet.
2. No bicycles or e-bikes may be operated on sidewalks in commercial districts, and no e-bikes may be operated on any sidewalks in the City.
3. E-bikes must be operated at a speed reasonable to surrounding conditions.
Other tips to remember:
1. Bicyclists (including electric bikes) must follow all road laws.
2. A person riding a bicycle should only ride on the seat of the bicycle, and there is only one rider permitted per seat.
3. Lights are required on all bicycles and the usage of the lights is required at night.
For more information, including a short PSA video and printable safety worksheet, please click here.