- Book care: how to protect their borrowed library books from damage, turn pages correctly, and where to store books until they return their books the following week.
- Library behavior: using library voices, sitting at the table and in the chairs correctly, walking to and from the story steps safely, waiting patiently to be help at the circulation desk.
- How to use shelf markers and follow check out procedures correctly.
- Book choice: learning different sections of the library and the difference between fiction and nonfiction materials.
- How to follow verbal and nonverbal directions.
- Recognizing letters and words in print: choosing their library card at the circulation desk, locating cite words, and sounding out words found in library books.