First Grade Curriculum
- Book care: how to avoid losing or damaging library materials, and being responsible for borrowed library materials.
- Library behavior: using quiet voices at the shelves and tables, walking to and from the story steps and during class checkout, using shelf markers, forming lines at the circulation desk, locating name in print when choosing their library card.
- Choosing books for reading practice and enjoyment.
- Learning about the parts of a book.
- Learning about different authors and illustrators.
- Learning how to locate books in the fiction and nonfiction areas of the library.
- Learning about different parts of the nonfiction section of the library.
- Experiencing different online reading resources available on the Internet.